The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Awesome flask. I use it all day long and take it on bicycle rides too.

UPDATE... I have been using this 18 months now for water. It is awesome and has held up beautifully. I have included a picture of it riding on my bicycle.

Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Wide Mouth w/Hydro Flip Cap


Many nights I park the flask full and closed on my bedside table. No spills if I flail around trying to find a sip of water in the night. Believe me I have spilled a lot of water cups sitting next to my bed.

I live in a motorhome fulltime and I enjoy relaxing outside. I often leave this flask outside as I come and go inside and outside to do things. There is always a sip of icy cold water waiting for me when I plop down outside in my rocking chair.

I like to have water with me everywhere. I purify my own water with a Berkey [[ASIN:B00BWIWX8G Berkey BT2X2-BB Travel Stainless Steel Water Filtration System with 2 Black Filter Elements]]. I also make my own ice with purified water.

I have been searching all over creation for a wide mouth stainless steel vacuum insulated water bottle so I can toss in my regular sized self made ice cubes and my purified Berkey water. While I am happy enough with room temperature water, when I am out with friends and leave this bottle in their car while we dine out, I return to cold water, not blazing hot water.

I also wanted an easy cap for sipping while bicycle riding.

Now I can have icy cold water no matter what the temperature when I am out and about on my bicycle.

I go to the beach for a month in spring and a month in fall. I am out on the beach every day riding my bicycle and playing Frisbee with the dog. Now we have icy cold water no matter how hot the beach is. If I forget my covered dog bowl of water to take to the beach, then I unscrew the cap, flip it over and let the doggy drink some water out of the top of the cap. This works well and he loves a drink of water on a hot day at the beach.

I like the way the lid is nice and tight and so far, doesn't leak a drop. Sometimes my water bottle is tossed in a tote bag with other things that I don't want to get wet. This bottle does not condensate on the outside, so my camera can stay dry, even if I don't have it in a waterproof container.

Now for those that wrote reviews complaining they can't switch back and forth from hot coffee to water, because the plastic absorbs the coffee odor, this seems true of any plastic and coffee. Coffee will always attach and odor to the plastic. So if you want this for hot coffee, then get a secondary one for icy water. I personally don't use mine for hot coffee, just ice water. I don't like the taste of coffee and plastic, so personally this would not be a choice for me if I wanted it for hot coffee.

The Bad...

The only bad thing to report is the plastic cap arrived pretty stinky. I know to wash anything I buy that is for food and drinks, so I washed the entire water bottle plus the top by hand. I do not have an automatic dishwasher, so I wash everything by hand.

Well shoot, the stinky lid  it took 3 super hot washings by hand with lots of soap to eliminate the stinky odor. On the third washing the rubber seal fell out and I had a heck of a time getting it to reseat nicely. But once I finally got it back in correctly and seated, it was water tight again.

The Ugly...

Nothing ugly really to report. My own persona preference would have been to have their logos and printed stuff on the bottom on the bottle and just a nice clean stainless steel outside.

Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Wide Mouth w/Hydro Flip Cap

Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Wide Mouth w/Hydro Flip Cap


No comments:

Post a Comment