3M Hook and Loop

I love 3M products but something went horribly wrong with this product.

3M Dual Lock Low Profile Reclosable Fastener 5/8-Inch-by-10-Foot, Clear


The idea of reclosable is that you can use it again and again like Velcro. Well this stuff stuck together like velcro the first time. I used it to hold a small round flash light by my stairs. You can remove the flashlight to carry around and then put it back so it is there to light up the stairs again. Well, duh, the fastener held the light up fine, but after removing the light a few times and replacing it again, the fastener stopped working. and the light would fall in the floor. I kept putting the light back up and later THUD, it would be in the floor again.

 I had to peel it all the 3M fastener off the wall and the light and then use regulation Velcro. I've used the same removable light dozens of times since then and the Velcro always holds it back up fine.

Everything I used this 3M velcro knockoff for has failed.

Don't waste your money. 3M makes great products, but this stuff doesn't work if you need to hang something super lightweight up and remove it and replace it more than once.

Get regular Velcro.




No comments:

Post a Comment