A Gigantic Sturdy Hammock For Serious Outdoor Fun

This has to be the most comfortable hammock ever made!
MalloMe XL Double Parachute Camping Hammock - Tree Portable with Max 1000 lbs Breaking Capacity - Lightweight Carabiners and Ropes Included For Backpacking, Camping, Hiking, Travel, Beach, Yard, 125" x 79"

I searched and researched all over Amazon and elsewhere in search of the perfect hammock that could travel, withstand rain, was washable and made for heavy duty use with generous sizing. This one fit the bill hands down like none other.

It seems all hammocks no matter the size are advertised as a double. But this doesn't mean you should put 2 in it! This one is so generous, you can lay down in it, then use the sides to fold up over you to keep out others. No kidding, you can fold up the sides to keep out bugs and bird poop. Yep. I was hit with bird poop, but it wiped right off of me and the hammock.

I sit in it sideways and swing it like a gigantic weightless rocker. Oh my gosh is that heaven on earth. I also stretch out in it and wonder if I will ever climb out again to visit mother earth. There is plenty of room to climb in with your favorite pillow. I like that the bag is sewed to the side of the hammock. I can tuck a book in it or my water flask or both. Mostly I don't need it for either because I am swinging away or snoozing.

The fabric seems very sturdy. The colors are ultra pleasing. The ropes that come with it are OK, if you like to play with knots all day and have perfectly spaced trees but I use mine with Hammock Straps (Set of 2), Sahara Sailor Hammock Tree Hanging Straps 1400+ LBS Heavy Duty Non-Stretch Suspension System Kit (12kN Aluminum Carabiners Set Included).

Hammock Straps (Set of 2), Sahara Sailor Hammock Tree Hanging Straps 1400+ LBS Heavy Duty Non-Stretch Suspension System Kit (12kN Aluminum Carabiners Set Included).


The MalloMe hammock came with carabiners and so did the straps I bought extra, so now I have extras in case I need them.

I wouldn't put two adults in this hammock, get them their own hammock. Yes, you can put two adults in it for some serious snuggling. Also very comfortable for parent and child or a baby laying on your belly.

Two adults or several children can sit in it sideways, with their feet hanging out like a chair and just swing back and forth. It feels awesome! While mine appears to be several feet off the ground, once I am in it, I am only about foot off the ground. I have short legs, so I need to be low so I can get out again. One way to get out if you are laying down, is to put one leg on one side and the other leg on the other side. Then reach forward with both arms and scoot up towards the end until you are able to stand up.

I've had my hammock out camping and I've got it set up now where I live. It is heavenly. I can happily waste hours in it. If you have a family, you may need to buy several of these!

MalloMe XL Double Parachute Camping Hammock - Tree Portable with Max 1000 lbs Breaking Capacity - Lightweight Carabiners and Ropes Included For Backpacking, Camping, Hiking, Travel, Beach, Yard, 125" x 79"

No comments:

Post a Comment