Amazing LED Lights Provide Spectacular Show

I have to admit that when I received my xtf2015 LED Light System I wasn't sure what to expect. The bag that its various components arrived in gave no indication of its application or for that matter what it was even called. The sealed bags containing the two reels of LED tape lights did have colorful graphics depicting their contents and each provided the xtf2015 trademark, but there was little other information included. With that said, however, what was included was pretty spectacular: a 12 volt adapter with detachable cord, an RGB Control Box with remote receiver and two supply lines for the lights, two reels of sophisticated LED tape lights, a remote control, and a tiny 2 ½” x 3” instruction sheet. The instructions helped explain the remote control’s buttons (very important) and the A/C adapter, but little else. It seems as if what I received was a prototype because of its limited packaging and scant instructions, but the system itself is amazing.
xtf2015 10m 30leds/m RGB 5050 SMD Waterproof 300 LED Lighting Rope Lights Strip Flexible Light +Two Outputs 44k IR Remote + 5A Power Kit

            The LED lights have an adhesive peel and stick back, and the two rolls provide a lot of lights. The instructions state that the light strips can be cut at certain intervals, but I'm not sure what would happen if I did cut them. Perhaps cutting excess off the end would be manageable but this is an electrical system, so cutting wires seems a bit risky. The remote control allows for a lot of creativity with multiple lighting options: three colors, seven colors, flashing, fading, bright, soft, or program your own. It really is such a sophisticated little system that a small booklet covering its operations seems imperative. The lights themselves are probably safe for outside use, but the A/C adapter, the receiver, and the remote are not. The tape probably needs a clean dry surface to adhere to so under a deck rail is probably not possible. Still, there may be a way to keep the electric source components dry while using the lights outside but I haven't figured it out yet. I'll keep trying. Ideally, these lights would be great in a bar, restaurant, club, or a business or loft apartment. They really are ultra-cool. But they need better instructions.

            I'm torn on how to rate this product. On the one hand I find the xtf2015 LED Light System very sophisticated technologically; they perform amazingly well and the remote control with all its options is rather amazing. But the lack of any detailed instructions to guide one’s use of the product leaves the user with a lot of guesswork. I don't want to ruin them by applying them incorrectly; they're too nice for that. I'll figure out where to put them after more consideration. I give them three stars. The product probably deserves five, but with the lack of important information like installation guidelines and more detailed operating instructions (better packaging is the least of concerns) three stars is all I can muster. Sorry.

I received this product at a discount for evaluation. I am providing my honest and unbiased review, and the vendor in no way has influenced or edited my comments.

1 comment:

  1. I follows several van and RV Vlogs on on YouTube... these are favored by Van dwellers they put them up around the perimeter inside they look pretty cool...

    ReplyDelete