Keystone Meats All Natural Ground Beef, 28 Ounce

Super Handy For Tiny Home Living in Motorhome With Teensy Refrigeration

Keystone Meats All Natural Ground Beef, 28 Ounce


Excellent quality. I can't say enough good things about this awesome meat!.My date code was J6126. The J indicates ground beef per Keystone, the 6 if for last digit of year produced which is 2016 and the 126 is day of the year or May 5, 2016.

Awesome freshness since I purchased this June 16, 2016 and it was only made a month ago.

Inside it comes with some water and fat. I sometimes use the water for cooking rice to add a bit of flavor. I remove most all traces of the congealed fat of which there is very little but it appears they used enough to give it flavor when cooking.

As for the ground beef, watch out, this stuff fluffs up and out like you wouldn't believe. I only use half in a recipe saving the rest for the next recipe.

I live fulltime year round in a tiny motorhome with a very small compact refrigerator. I am able to keep this in the pantry and whip up a nice hearty beef inspired recipe.

Since the meat is precooked it's a tremendous time saver. Sloppy joes can be whipped up in a few minutes. We make the sloppy joe mixture cold. Then we ladle it onto a big onion bun. Next we wrap the onion bun in wax paper and microwave the entire sandwich for 1 minute. This heats the sloppy joes and steams the buns. Unwrap carefully to eat. Some microwaves might take longer or shorter.

I have also used this in a crockpot to make awesome hearty meaty spaghetti sauce. Oh my gosh, the meat just sucks up the flavors and the finished sauce is just heaven on earth.  I only use half a can to make 3 quarts of sauce because this meat will expand and fluff up when cooked.

The ingredients on the can are so easy to read, just two of them beef and sea salt.

I don't even bother to buy any beef from the grocery store since I discovered Keystone Meats. I wish I could find them at the grocery stores in my travels but so far Amazon has come to the rescue, tracking me down in numerous campgrounds with my beef delivery.

If you are a southerner who loves a hotdog with all beef chili, this makes awesome chili in a flash.

Delivered to your door by Amazon, click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment