5 Years Later Still Cooking In It Several Times A Week

This crockpot is an ideal size for smaller households. I actually have two crockpots in two different sizes. I would have three if I had room.




The GOOD News:

I make one pot meals, chili, cornbread, baked potatoes, acorn squash, turkey and then gravy, mac and cheese, dried bean dishes, Mexican casseroles and a long list of other recipes all in this crock pot. I've even made lasagna in it by breaking up the lasagna pasta to layer it in sections and adding an extra cup of water to the sauce so the pasta cooks with the sauce, no need to boil the pasta first.

For making cornbread, I have learned the hard way, to line it with a big hunk of foil first. Grease that up, then pour the cornbread batter in it. Usually it takes about an hour to make cornbread because instead of milk or water,  I usually add a can of cream style corn, 2-3 eggs to fluff it up some plus bacon bits and jalepenos. Once the cornbread is done, just use the foil to lift it from the crockpot. Let it sit up about ten minutes, the foil will then easily peel away from the cornbread sides . It will also  slice beautifully into wedges. The foil will wrap around leftovers.

The only  BAD news about this crockpot is the stainless steel is not high quality, but given the budget friendly pricing, you can 't really expect high quality stainless steel on the outside which doesn't touch the food anyhow.

The other minor problem is the print for the control settings came off after a few gentle washings to clean up the outside. I used 4 self sticking labels to mark Off, Low, High, Warm so I am still using it just fine. One day I will replace the labels with fingernail polish to mark the control settings. I have used fingernail polish on other appliances that needed help with markings. It doesn't wash off like the labels eventually do.

I am very happy this has lasted 5 years and 9 months as I write this. I have put it through a lot of heavy duty use, 3-7 times per week plus it has traveled in my motorhome and gone to quite a few pot luck dinners.

Crock-Pot 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel (SCR300SS)

No comments:

Post a Comment