Sturdy Gooseneck


I thought this would work with my iPad. It does, but it blocks the camera lens which is a shame.

When you clamp it to a table, you will need a piece of rubber to give it a good grip. I had this same problem with another mount I bought, it too needed a piece of rubber. I had some black rubber shelf liner, so I just used a piece of that. Unfortunately I didn't use the bit of rubber before making the video, so you will see in the video that the clamp is moving. Also, I realized later, that the gooseneck does rotate better, I happened to have it all in one direction, if I reversed it , then it did rotate.

The goose neck is super sturdy. This mount works on horizontal (table etc.) surfaces but not on vertical surfaces.

The spring loaded corners for attaching to your iPad are sturdy and they do have rubber backing. However the corners are on the wrong corners.
It blocks the iPad camera lens. I tried to reverse the corners, and it doesn't fit right.

I am confused as to why it won't fit right in such a way that I can use the camera too.

However, for having the ipad handy for watching a video or reading, this gooseneck is super handy. Also handy for talking to Siri. I didn't have Siri configured right for talking. Now I do, so it's kind of fun to tell Siri what to do.

For tiny home living, this is ideal especially a motorhome. It keeps the ipad safely clamped in place for driving down the road. Normally I have to put the ipad somewhere in a drawer for safety. Now I can just leave it in the gooseneck stand.



Buying options:

ieGeek Upgraded Tablet Stand iPad Holder, 360° Rotating Gooseneck Holder Flexible Adjustable Hands-free Bolt Clamp Stand Universal Clip-On Bed Lazy Mount for iPad Mini/2/3/4/5/Air/Pro, 7"-11" Tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment