Awesome Duo, Love Mine, Makes My Mp3 Player Come to Life!

Verified Purchase
Samson Meteor M2 Multimedia Speaker System by Samson Technologies
These are awesome speakers! The craftsmanship is superb and the sound quality is incredible. I am using mine in a tiny motorhome that is tight on space. These put out enormous sound for such diminutive speakers. They are heavy, well constructed and very stylish.

The highs are high and the lows are lows. I can get decent bass and phenomenal clarity from the vocals. I listen to a huge variety of music, so these are getting the full test from classical to heavy rock, native drums, reggae, pop, alternative, rap, country, blues, jazz, R&B, old rock, grunge rock, you name it, I have it. I am not fond of opera, but I have some to test these with.

It appears they are 34 watts according to the manual. This was no where in the product information, not sure why this is kept top secret. Maybe because they sound far more powerful? Also I was frustrated they didn't show the rear of the speakers on the product pages on Amazon or on the Samson web site.

The input cord is 3.5mm, but the speaker cord is RCA. It is hard wired to the passive speaker with a plug to insert it into the active speaker, the active speaker being the one with the electrical hookup, I wish it was a plug and outlet type rather than hard wire..

In my case they supplied 6 feet of speaker cable from the passive speaker and well my motorhome is 8 feet across. I wanted one on each side of the motorhome. So I am waiting for an RCA extension cable, so I can place the speakers where it is safe to have them and enjoy fabulous sound.

When I say safe to have them, I have a special shelf on each side of the motorhome that held the old speakers, and I plan to put these new ones there. It's safe in that the speakers can't take a tumble while driving. I plan to use Quakehold! 88111 Museum Putty Neutral for the final installation. This will attach them to the shelf but it's not permanent, I can twist and lift the speaker if I change my mind about exact placement, then reattach the putty.

I am giving these 5 stars for AWESOME sound, but if anything changes, I will be back with more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment