Over 6 Years Later This Kit Is Still Going Strong in my Motorhome

This is an awesome hot water kit. I have been using it every day in my motorhome since July 2011 and I am writing this review in July 2016.

Camco 11673 Hot Water Hybrid Heat Kit - 6 Gallon


It comes complete with EVERYTHING you need to add the electric option to a propane only hot water heater. It enables me to have either options now. I use the electric 99% of the time.

At 400 watts, it's perfect as an add-on, I only have 30 amp service for my 1994 motorhome, the 400 watts is perfect because I am not tripping breakers. I can make coffee or run the microwave while the hot water is on 24/7.

The thermostat is adjustable. I happen to keep mine at the highest setting because I use a lot of hot water through out the day. I don't buy disposable picnic supplies, so I am always washing up dishes, pots, pans and crockpots on top of that I prefer to shower in my motorhome plus I like to wash my hands often with warm water. I also own a compact washing machine, which I mostly use cold water was for, but having the hot water option when needed is a huge bonus.

The kit allows me to keep the propane option, which I do run the propane once in awhile to make sure it still works fine. For instance if I am visiting in a friend's garden where they provide me regular 15 amp service (not 30 amp) I am able to turn off the electric hot water (and electric fridge) and let both run off of propane so I am not overloading their electric socket.

Most of the year I am in campgrounds where the 30 amp electric is included with the camping rate, so having electric hot water is a huge bonus for me in my budget. My propane tank is builtin so I have to drive the entire motorhome to refill it. This normally works fine and since I don't have to rely on my propane for hot water anymore, my propane purchases have dropped dramatically.

The DIRECTIONS for installation of this product were the BEST I have ever seen. They are step by step with clear English instructions and simple diagrams that actually make sense.

I was able to carefully follow each step precisely and when I was finished, the hot water was good to go. I was thrilled!

The kit comes with a regular electric plug plus a separate on/off switch. So if you have  a spare electric outlet to plug this in, there is no need to direct wire the electricity.

I gave this a high FIVE star rating because the product is awesome and after 5 years, I can report,  it is still working flawlessly.

Camco 11673 Hot Water Hybrid Heat Kit - 6 Gallon

No comments:

Post a Comment